Paths, Greenways, Bridleways, Tracks - Patchetts Green Bridleways Trust
| PG: OBJECTS: WELCOME
|News by Email or Twitter
||Current Major Project: Northaw
||Current Major Project: Shenley
||Current Major Project: Aldenham
- 5 Aug 20: The old slip road from Shenley Lane to the North Orbital Road (A414) has now been recorded as St Albans City 104. It is recorded as a byway open to all traffic and remains subject to a prohibition of driving order. The turfed-over old slip road provides a convenient link from London Colney to the St Stephen 85 bridleway which otherwise was difficult to get to by horse. We thank the County Council for investigating this application, which had been made in 1998.
- 15 Jun 20: The Well End Diversion Order receved some objections from people who hadn't objected at the time of the public consultation. We will now seek to resolve these so that the order can be confirmed.
- 4 Jun 20: The Well End Bridleway moved a step closer to fruition today with the publication by Hertsmere Borough Council of their order diverting Footpath 3 to a new alignment. When the order is confirmed, there will be a simultaneous upgrade to bridleway. This will join the other routes we helped put in so that there is an off road route all the way from Well End to Shenley village.
- 29 May 20: Wall Hall bridleway. We are getting our evidence together for the forthcoming public inquiry into the Wall Hall bridleway. Supporters who have filled in user evidence forms will be contacted to create a witness statement, and anyone who hadn't filled in a form is asked to download and fill one in and return it. If you get stuck, please get in touch.
- 13 Feb 19: Wall Hall bridleway. We were pleased to see the order to record a bridleway along the roadway at Wall Hall, Aldenham, was published by the County Council. In about six weeks time the Council will see if it can confirm the order itself, or whether it must be sent to the Secretary of State for an Inspector to determine.
- 20 Oct 18: Aldenham 83 RB/BOAT. The result is in: the remaining part of Oakridge Lane has been added to the definitive map, making sure it is available for riders in the future. There will be a full report in the Annual Report for registered supporters.
- 7 Feb 18: St Stephen 96. The Hertfordshire County Council has confirmed its order adding Featherbed Lane, East of the M1, to the definitive map. recording this bridleway. We applied for it in 1997, and 21 years later it is safeguarded! Read a copy of the confirmed order.
- 31 Mar 17: Shenley 36. Landowner advises that the waymark arrows have been changed to 'public bridleway' ones.
- 24 Mar 17: Shenley 36. We were delighted to hear today that all those needing to consent to the upgrade of footpath Shenley 36 north of Cow Banks Wood to bridleway have now consented. The waymarks will be changed to bridleway ones shortly, and we aim to hold an official 'opening' towards the end of May.
- 6 Dec 16: Aldenham 83 RB/BOAT. The Oakridge Lane order has been confirmed at long last. The route is now safeguarded for equestrians. We applied for this path to be recorded on 20 Dec 06, so it's nearly ten years to the day to finish the process. We hope that there are no High Court challenges this time round! (There were - part of the order was quashed.)
- 29 Mar 16: Well End BW BHS HQ will contribute £330 to our appeal fund to create bridleway in Well End. #wellendbridleway We need to raise the cost of fencing and clearance.
- 10 Sep 15: Aldenham Major Project Legal work completes for the dedicated paths. Just the Wall Hall Main Drive to go now!
- 1 Sep 15: Well End BW Appeal launched to raise funds to create bridleway in Well End. #wellendbridleway We need to raise the cost of fencing and clearance.
- 8 Aug 15: Northaw 17 BW Official opening by the Deputy Mayor of Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council. #northawbridleway Thank you to everyone who donated towards the costs.
- 6 Jun 15: The Pathway, Radlett Do you ride this suburban alleyway in Radlett (Aldenham Avenue to Loom Lane)? If so we'd like an evidence form from you please!
© 2020 Patchetts Green Bridleways Trust. Registered Charity Number 1109497 (unincorporated body) and 1189953 (CIO).
Affiliated to The British Horse Society and the Open Spaces Society.